Bullying and harassment is an issue that affects all of us. In fact, in the past year, 1 in 4 high school girls has been bullied on school property.
- Myth: Bullying is just "kids being kids" and we should stop making it such a big deal.
- Fact: Bullying can cause lasting harm.
- Myth: Bullies are "problem kids" who have aggression issues and should be punished.
- Fact: Actually, it is quite common for kids who bully to be victims themselves.
- Myth: Bullying will only stop if the victim stands up to the bully.
- Fact: Just as society does not expect victims of other types of abuse to deal with it on their own, we should not expect this from victims of bullying or harassment.
You can help girls learn to become change agents within their communities. Make a donation Girls Inc. today, then sign our pledge - commit to standing up for girls. Because with you in her corner, she will succeed.
Thank you for your gift. By investing in Girls Inc. of Central Alabama, you are helping to equip girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Because of you, girls build confidence and embrace positive decision-making to take charge of their health and well-being, and achieve academic, personal, and career goals.